DAAD New York regularly offers internships for undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of IT and program management. Occasionally, positions at DAAD and other institutions in the German House (GAIN, University Liaison Offices, GCRI) are also posted here. Check back regularly for the latest vacancies.
Our DAAD regional office in New York is offering an internship in network administration.
We are seeking Information Technology majors who are nearing the end of their studies or IT-graduate students. The internship will take place in New York City in a Windows environment of approx. 30 users.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT student to gain hands-on experience in network administration in an international setting. Working directly with our information officer, the IT intern will be involved in IT-related projects and will assist our team with IT issues. These range from infrastructure maintenance (network/server administration) to occasional troubleshooting and help desk tasks.
- Knowledge of network administration functions, including servers and mail servers
- Familiarity with various Microsoft products, including operating systems (Win XP, Win 7, Win Server)
- Good aptitude with user applications, especially internet browsers, MS Office Suite (2010, 2013), Adobe
- Experience with security products, data storage and backup, VPN
- Some background in working with hardware and peripherals is helpful
- Strong problem solving skills, good at prioritizing
- Ability to work well with others
- German language skills
- A supportive work environment in our office located in the German Consulate in New York
- An internship stipend of $750/month
Starting date: March 15th, 2018 (the starting date is slightly flexible). The internship would last for six months. We also consider applications for a one-year internship.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Solveig Berkman email@example.com.
Application deadline: November 30, 2017.
Feel free to reach out to Ms. Solveig Berkman at berkman(at)daad.org should you have any questions. Please also send your application materials (CV and cover letter) to Ms. Solveig Berkman at the address above.