This is an excellent opportunity for an IT student to gain hands-on experience in network administration in an international setting. Working directly with our information officer, the IT intern will be involved in IT-related projects and will assist our team with IT issues. These range from infrastructure maintenance (network/server administration) to occasional troubleshooting and help desk tasks.
- Knowledge of network administration functions, including servers and mail servers
- Familiarity with various Microsoft products, including operating systems (Win 10, Win Server)
- Good aptitude with user applications, especially internet browsers, MS Office Suite (365), Adobe
- Experience with security products, data storage and backup, VPN
- Some background in working with hardware and peripherals is helpful
- Strong problem solving skills, good at prioritizing
- Ability to work well with others
- Fluent in English, German language skills are a plus
- A supportive work environment in our office located in the German Consulate in New York
- Help with applying for J-1 visa and finding housing in New York (if necessary)
- Monthly stipend of $750
We accept applications on a rolling basis. The internship would last for 3 months. Longer internships might be possible.
You must be authorized to work in the US.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Solveig Berkman email@example.com
|The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the German federal agency for the support of international academic cooperation. The New York office was founded in 1971 to support academic exchange between the United States, Canada and Germany, and is one of 15 international DAAD branch offices. It provides information and assistance to education professionals and students in the United States, Canada and Germany; administers fellowships and programs for students and scholars; and promotes Germany’s academic, scientific, and cultural achievements throughout North America.|