Study History and Economics in Bavaria
Interested in an interdisciplinary Master’s program in History and Economics taught entirely in English? Apply now and study at Germany’s “Gamechanger Campus.”
Understanding the central economic problems of our time—be they financial and debt crises, rising inequality, or underdevelopment—requires knowledge of economic history. More and more experts are needed to analyze complex economic relationships and develop integrative approaches to achieving solutions based on historical experience. The interdisciplinary Master’s program in History & Economics will provide you with the tools and methods you need to become such an expert.
You will get a fresh look at topics such as the Great Depression, long-term economic growth and development, sovereign debt crises, or the labor market impact of migration—all from the perspective of research in economic history. Next to sharpening your discussion skills, you will deepen your knowledge of the latest quantitative tools that allow you to support your arguments with relevant data and empirics.
The Master’s addresses graduates from both economics and history—as well as related disciplines. It has a clear structure, offering:
- convergence courses to address students with different academic backgrounds,
- foundational courses on core scientific debates in economic history,
- methods courses to acquire relevant quantitative and qualitative skills,
- seminars for deepening research and debate skills,
- a module to apply your knowledge in practice,
- and a wide range of electives to carve out your distinctive academic and professional profile.
Get in touch with us to learn more about the only Master’s program in Germany that provides interdisciplinary education in history and economics.
For further information: