Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Intensive Language Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates • DAAD
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area; Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor programme are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master's degree programme shortly after completing their BA. Please submit a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Graduates who work in higher education and completed their last academic degree no longer than six years before the time of application are eligible to apply.
- Students/graduates from the areas of German studies, German as a foreign language and translation courses are not eligible.
What can be funded?
- The programme supports attendance of language and area studies courses which are offered by a German language institute in the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You can find out about course providers and course programmes here.
- The courses are taught in German.
Duration of the funding
- 8 weeks
- The grants are non-renewable.
- The courses start in June. The last courses end in December.
- One-off scholarship payment of 2,300 euros
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe),
see www.daad.de/travel allowances
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Please note:
Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the difference to the full amount of the scholarship by the course provider.
The above mentioned payments (including travel allowance) will not be transferred abroad.
- A selection committee reviews applications.
- The most important selection criteria are:
- previous academic achievements
- convincing arguments for choice of study programme and subject
- knowledge of German