This program gives North American, British and Irish students and PhD students in the fields of science and engineering the opportunity to gain work and research experience while doing an internship in a German company or at a non-university research institution with strong relation to industry.
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- A monthly scholarship of
- 861 Euros for undergraduate and Master’s students
- 1,200 Euros for PhD students
(The internship providers contribute 500 Euros of this monthly rate)
- health-, accident and private liability insurance
- a three day meeting of all RISE Professional scholars in Germany (depending on the dynamic of the pandemic situation)
- a lump sum of 160 Euros for travel within Germany
- a lump sum towards international travel costs
- for those who plan to attend an accompanying language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 250 Euros).