Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
That is why the German University Foundation (Deutsche Universitätsstiftung), in cooperation with the Walter Blüchert Foundation, developed this fellowship programme. The aim is to provide one-to-one support by university professors who are close to the subject and the place of study to accompany the refugee students until they have successfully completed their studies. To this end, the fellows take part in 2 workshops per year on subjects that support their studies and they can take advantage of professional coaching during the fellowship. Other events of the German University Foundation in cooperation with sponsoring companies serve networking purposes and facilitate the entry into the German job market.
- placement with a locally based university teacher of the candidate’s subject area as a mentor
- support of the mentoring relationships by the German University Foundation
- obligatory biannual seminars to further core skills in the following fields: mentoring as a chance and a mission, self- and learning management skills, job application training, intercultural competence
- one-on-one personal coaching with a professional coach during the course of studies
- participation in academic events (i.e. the symposium of the German Association of University Professors and Lecturers, DHV) as well as active involvement in relevant networks
- compensation for travel expenses to seminars and other trips in connection with the hochform programme
- Fellows are entitled to a book allowance of 600 EUR per year unless they hold a full fellowship by another institution.