Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Gerda Henkel Foundation: Special Programme Security, Society and the State
Funding includes grants for research scholarships and research projects. Doctoral scholarships are only granted in connection with a research project. Post-doctoral scientists receive a scholarship base amount of 2,300 EUR each month, the grant for scientists with a post-doctoral lecturer qualification is worth 3,100 EUR. There are additional benefits, such as allowances for accompanying children or for living abroad, if necessary. Please note that income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive. The funding covers a period of 1 to 24 months.
There are five key research areas:
- challenges of new technologies
- public administration and human security
- patterns of conflict resolution between the state and traditional actors
- non-governmental actors as partners for and competitors of the state
- security and communication strategies between doctrine formation and implementation
Number of Scholarships
- scholarship base amount per month: 2,300 EUR for post-doctoral researchers and 3,100 EUR for researchers with a post-doctoral lecturer qualification
- standard foreign residence allowance per month: 575 EUR for post-doctoral researchers and 775 EUR for researchers with a post-doctoral lecturer qualification
- travel allowance: as required
- material costs: as required
- printing costs: as required
- family allowance, if applicable: 400 EUR for academics with 1 child and +100 EUR for each additional child
Income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive.