Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation: The German Chancellor Fellowship
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of the programme, which is funded by the Federal Foreign Office. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants every year up to 50 Chancellor Fellowships which are worth a maximum funding of EUR 2,750 per month; up to 10 fellowships are awarded to prospective leaders from each of the five above-mentioned countries. The fellowship entails a preparatory intensive language course in Germany, a four-week introductory seminar in Bonn and Berlin, a study trip through Germany and a final meeting with a reception at the Federal Chancellery.
Number of Scholarships
- research cost allowance to the host(s) in Germany of EUR 500 per month
- travel allowance for the fellow's inbound and return journey, if these costs are not borne by a third party
- allowances for accompanying family members for stays of at least 3 months (up to EUR 326 per month for the spouse and up to EUR 234 per month and child)
- German language courses in the country of origin prior to the fellowship and during the stay in Germany to consolidate the proficiency acquired in the intensive language course
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in a European country other than Germany (however, not the fellow's country of origin), provided that such a stay is necessary for completing the research project
- extensive alumni support