Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel lump sum (depending on country of origin)
- Annual research allowance of 460 euros
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
Additionally, the host graduate school can receive an annual material resource and supervision allowance (1000 euros).
Only after applying at a participating graduate school (see www.daad.de/gssp for the list of participating graduate school you can apply to and for further information) and being nominated for a scholarship by said graduate school, you are asked to upload your application in the DAAD portal.