Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
This program gives North American, British and Irish students in the fields of science and engineering the opportunity to gain work and research experience while doing an internship in a German company or at a non-university research institution with strong relation to industry.
Who can apply?
Master’s students and PhD students from North American, British and Irish Universities who must be fully enrolled at the time of the internship in the fields of science or engineering. Undergraduate students who are RISE Germany alumni are also welcome to apply. German language requirements depend on the nature of the internship. The application is completely online at www.daad.de/rise-pro
What can be funded?
Research internships in German companies or at non-university research institutions with a strong industry impact.
Duration of the funding
3 months (min. 10 weeks)
- 750 Euros for Master’s students
- 1,000 Euros for PhD students
- 650 Euros for undergraduate students
(The internship providers contribute 500 Euros of this monthly rate)
- health-, accident and private liability insurance
- a three day meeting of all RISE Professional scholars in Germany
- a lump sum of 160 Euros for travel within Germany
- a lump sum towards international travel costs
- for those who plan to attend an accompanying language course in Germany, DAAD will cover 70 % of course-fees (max. 500 Euros).
The internship providers review the applications and rank the applicants in accordance with their abilities; this ranking list is the basis for all further decisions taken by DAAD