Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Research Grants – Short-Term Grants • DAAD
The primary aim of this programme is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programmes.
Who can apply?
Doctoral candidates who are already doing their doctorate at a German university cannot apply.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- One month to a maximum of six months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
The most important selection criteria:
- a convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- academic achievements