Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Subsaharan Africa at AIMS Tanzania • DAAD
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral mathematicians under the guidance of AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. As a self-governing non-profit trust, which is supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate Programmes to talented students from the African continent. In a similar way, AIMS is extending its offer to Masters and Doctoral Degree Programme in mathematical sciences meeting the need for highly qualified scientists in Africa.
It has been agreed upon that DAAD co-operates with AIMS by offering 1 Postdoctoral Fellowship at the AIMS Centre in Tanzania.
Who can apply?
- have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by AIMS.
- preferably be nationals of an African country.
What can be funded?
The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Tanzania.
Duration of the funding
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly instalment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
The scholarship is designed as a subsidy to the scholar’s current salary / study leave income.