Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Subsaharan Africa at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) South Africa • DAAD
It has been agreed upon that DAAD co-operates with AIMS by offering 1 Postdoctoral Fellowship at the AIMS Centers in Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa each.
Who can apply?
- have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by AIMS.
- preferably be nationals of an African country.
The scholarships at AIMS Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa are available in the following field:
The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Cameroon, Ghana or South Africa
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of Award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly instalment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
The scholarship is designed as a subsidy to the scholar’s current salary / study leave income.
- The host institution has to adequately participate in the costs
(e.g. infrastructure, other local expenses).
- The host and the candidate must have established close communication and devised a concrete concept note.
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to develop staff exchange between Sub-Saharan African universities.
Furthermore, the candidates should be ready to support the supervision of DAAD scholars, if required, by their host institution.