Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Postdoctoral fellowship in Subsaharan Africa at AIMS Senegal • DAAD
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers to conduct co-operative research at AIMS Senegal, under the guidance of the research chair holder. The programme is designed to support post-doctoral training. There is also a teaching responsibility (English/French) - in agreement with the chair holder.
DAAD is offering one fellowship in 2017
Who can apply?
- have completed their PhD degree less than three years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at an international university or research institution.
- be preferably nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Preferably applicants with a strong background in Qualitative and/or Numerical Analysis of Partial Differencial Equations and their applications in real world problems. Applicants specialized in Geometric Analysis are also welcome.
The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Senegal.
What can be funded?
The objective for fellows is to undertake research during the tenure of the award. The project should not be a reworking or mere extension of the candidate’s doctoral research project.
In addition: The selected candidate is expected to have a team spirit, participate in the scientific activities and animations at AIMS Senegal.
Duration of the funding
- A travel allowance to participate in international conferences: 2000 EUR
- a monthly instalment: 1000 EUR
- a personal lump sum of 100 Euro/month (for work-visa etc)