Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
This programme promotes the exchange of North American, British and Irish students in the fields of science and engineering. Students get first impressions of the research and landscape in Germany and will connect with doctoral students who serve as their mentors
Who can apply?
Undergraduate students majoring in the fields of science and engineering. Applicants must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study. Seniors or forth year students must prove that they will still be fully enrolled upon their return to their home university in North America, the UK or Ireland. For most positions knowledge of German is not required. The application is completely online at www.daad.de/rise-germany
What can be funded?
Research internships under the supervision of doctoral students at German universities or non-university research institutes in the summer break
Duration of the funding
3 months (min. 10 weeks)
- monthly rate of 750 Euros
- health-, accident- and private liability insurance
- a lump sum towards international travel costs
- a lump sum of 160 Euros for travel within Germany
- a three day meeting of all RISE scholars in July
- additionally, 90 spots available in a two week German course that takes place before the internship starts.