Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Gerda Henkel Foundation: Special Programme Security, Society and the State
Funding includes grants for research scholarships and research projects. Doctoral scholarships are only granted in connection with a research project. Post-doctoral scientists receive a scholarship base amount of EUR 2,300 each month, the grant for scientists with a post-doctoral lecture qualification is worth EUR 3,100. There are additional benefits, such as allowances for accompanying children or, i.e., to cover printing costs, if necessary. Please note that income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive. The funding covers a period of one to 24 months.
There are five key research areas:
- challenges of new technologies
- public administration and human security
- patterns of conflict resolution between the state and traditional actors
- non-governmental actors as partners and contenders of the state
- security strategies between doctrine formation and implementation
Number of Scholarships
- scholarship base amount per month: EUR 2,300 for post-doctoral researchers and EUR 3,100 for researchers with a post-doctoral lecture qualification
- standard foreign residence allowance per month: EUR 575 for post-doctoral researchers and EUR 775 for researchers with a post-doctoral lecture qualification
- travel allowance: as required
- material costs: as required
- family allowance, if applicable: EUR 400 for scholars with one child, EUR 500 for two children or EUR +100 for more children
Income from employment and scholarship income are mutually exclusive.