RISE (Research Internship in Science and Engineering) Professional offers summer research internships in Germany to Master’s and PhD students from North America at companies and non-university research institutions with strong relations to industry.
Please note, the RISE Professional program is administered by DAAD's headquarters in Bonn, Germany. Kindly visit the RISE Professional website on daad.de for the complete program description and application guidelines.
If you have questions regarding RISE Professional, please contact: rise-prodaad.de.
Who can apply?
- The program is open for students in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, engineering or a closely related field)
- All participants receive a scholarship from DAAD and an additional stipend from their host company/institution to help cover living expenses
- Funding is possible for a period of three months in summer or fall
- German language requirements vary according to the internship placement
- Undergraduates who are Alumni from the RISE Germany program are also eligible to apply
- Recent graduates are not eligible to apply
- All applicants have to be enrolled during the time of the internship