The objectives of a study trip are:
- to establish and maintain contacts between German and US/Canadian universities
- to provide participants with a subject-specific knowledge by organizing visits to at least two universities, subject-related tours and informative meetings
- to promote meetings with German students and academics and scientists
- to offer participants an insight into economic, political, and cultural life in Germany
Who can apply?
- All departments are eligible for this funding. The visit should be organized and arranged entirely by the home institution and should have a meaningful relationship to its curriculum.
- The proposed program should also give students a greater understanding of and insight into current issues in the academic, scientific, economic, political and cultural realms in Germany. This part must not make up more than one third of the funding term.
- The group should consist of 10 to 15 students (plus one accompanying faculty member) affiliated with an accredited US and Canadian university. The students should be at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Individual doctoral candidates may also be funded after consultation with DAAD. The trip should be for 7 to 12 days, although the visits themselves may last longer. Participants may be drawn from more than one institution.
DAAD offers up to around EUR 9,600 to subsidize room and board, depending on the size of the group and length of stay (EUR 50 per participant per day.) Participants will have to supplement the funding provided by DAAD with resources of their own. Groups will not be eligible for funding in successive years.
DAAD is not responsible for any visa matters regarding entry into Germany or re-entry into the US and Canada for international students.
- November 1st (for trips commencing bet. March 1st and June 1st of the following year)
- February 1st (for trips commencing bet. June 1st and September 1st of the same year)
- May 1st (for trips commencing no earlier than September 1st of the same year)
Applications must be filed by a faculty member and should include:
|Submit your complete application as 1 PDF file to: kim(at)daad.org
The results are usually announced 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline.
Reporting your Results:
Download Application Documents
Group Study Visit Application Form: Download: Group Study Visit Application Form (pdf, 178.20 KB)