DAAD New York is seeking a creative, outgoing person to join our team as Program Officer. This is an in-house position.
Anticipated starting date: August 16, 2021.
- Serving as primary contact for incoming students from Germany
- Assisting DAAD grantees from Germany with academic placements at U.S. and Canadian universities
- Providing advising services for incoming students before and during their stay (e.g. admissions process, health insurance, visa application)
- Managing tuition agreements and tuition waiver processes with partner universities in North America
- Organizing events for students and scholars from Germany
- Assisting the DAAD Berlin office in administering and marketing the Germany Close Up program
- English and German fluency, French language preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of US, Canadian and German higher education systems
- Experience with study abroad programs, scholarship programs and international exchange
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Database management and IT skills
- Outstanding communications capabilities, including public speaking
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed
Salary range: USD 58,000 – 68,000 plus health and retirement benefits. Paid vacation and sick leave.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or green card holders. Please indicate on your CV whether you are a US citizen or a green card holder.
Please send your CV and a cover letter via e-mail to Ms. Solveig Berkman berkman [at] daad [dot] de with the subject line “Program Officer DAAD”.
Application deadline: May 14, 2021
About DAAD: As the German national agency for international cooperation in higher education, DAAD serves to promote international academic relations especially through funding the exchange of students and faculty between Germany and other countries. Supporting almost 170.000 individuals a year with competitive grants, DAAD is the largest such organization in the world. As one of 15 regional offices around the world, DAAD New York is responsible for the US and Canada and works in close collaboration with DAAD headquarters in Bonn and the DAAD Information Points in Toronto and San Francisco to promote study and research in Germany.
- Alumni (31)
- Call for Applications (13)
- Contest (8)
- Events (38)
- Webinars (12)
- General (83)
- German Culture (10)
- German Studies (7)
- Higher Education Germany (48)
- In Profile (43)
- Internship (9)
- Job Opportunities (10)
- Learn German (11)
- News from DAAD IC San Francisco (1)
- News from DAAD USA (80)
- Podcast (2)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (19)
- Scholarships (25)
- Social Media (2)
- Study in Germany (27)
- Young Ambassadors (11)