Come to GAIN19 in San Francisco! The annual conference and talent fair is the largest German science and research career fair in the US. It is an ideal place for MA, PhD, and postdoctoral students, as well as junior faculty of all disciplines, to learn about academic careers and funding opportunities in Germany. You can schedule appointments with more than 100 German universities, research institutions, and funding agencies. Find out about their programs and job openings!
The initiative Research in Germany designed a special workshop on opportunities in Germany for international researchers interested in transatlantic careers and partnerships. Meet experts and peers from all areas of the German and North American research landscapes. #GoGAIN19
GAIN19 will be held in San Francisco at the The Westin St. Francis from August 23rd-August 24th.
Admission to the August 24th Conference Program is free! To attend, and to schedule appointments, please register here. No walk-ins.
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Schedule one-on-one meetings with representatives from German universities and funding agencies. Please schedule in advance here.
- 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm: “Research in Germany” Workshop – Application and Funding. Speakers: Benedikt Brisch, Director North America, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD); Dr. Rainer Gruhlich, Director North America, German Research Foundation (DFG); Cathleen Fisher, PhD, President, American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AFAvH)
- 3:15 pm – 5:15 pm: Talent Fair
- 5:15 pm - 6:45 pm: Young Innovators Showcase
- Alumni (28)
- Call for Applications (15)
- Contest (8)
- Events (37)
- Webinars (12)
- General (78)
- German Culture (10)
- German Studies (7)
- Higher Education Germany (48)
- In Profile (42)
- Internship (11)
- Job Opportunities (15)
- Learn German (12)
- News from DAAD IC San Francisco (1)
- News from DAAD USA (79)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (20)
- Scholarships (24)
- Social Media (2)
- Study in Germany (27)
- Young Ambassadors (11)