Heidelberg University Association invites applications and nominations for the position as Executive Director of the Heidelberg University Association in New York. Heidelberg University Association is a non-profit organization that serves as Liaison Office for Heidelberg University, Germany.
Founded in 1386, Heidelberg University is Germany’s oldest university. In the course of its more than 630 years’ history, the University has established itself as a center of outstanding research and teaching, with a particular focus on its interdisciplinary strength. Today 30,000 students are enrolled at its 12 faculties. Heidelberg University is known for its international outreach, almost 20 percent of its students come from abroad. The university also hosts hundreds of international visiting professors and researchers. As a comprehensive research university, Heidelberg offers a wide range of excellent study programs in the life sciences, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities and ranks among the top research institutions worldwide.
Heidelberg University Association’s Executive Director represents Heidelberg University in the United States of America and Canada.
- Managing Heidelberg University Association, Inc, including responsibility for its budget, administration of finances, adhering to all necessary reporting
- Maintaining and extending the Heidelberg Alumni U.S. (HAUS) alumni network including planning and executing events in cooperation with Heidelberg Alumni International
- Developing new, and supporting existing, collaborations between Heidelberg University and higher education and research institutions in North America
- Creating and managing fundraising campaigns in cooperation with Heidelberg University
- Managing the HAUS Scholarship and visiting professor programs
- Advising academics and students about study, research and collaboration possibilities
- Promoting Heidelberg University and participating in recruitment and education fairs
- Overseeing Heidelberg University Association’s website and social media outreach
- Travel within the U.S. and to Heidelberg, and occasional work on evening and weekends
Requirements for the position include a completed BA degree or graduate degree (preferred); experience in U.S. higher education, student exchange, and/or marketing; fluency in English and German (strongly preferred); extended study in both countries would be a plus, as would publication and speaking experience in international education. Work experience within a non-profit organization would be ideal.
Qualification requirements include:
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including social media savviness
- Experience in managing an organization/business
- Knowledge of both the U.S. & German higher education systems
- Understanding of key issues in international education
- Experience in fundraising
- The ability to work independently and in close collaboration with Heidelberg University
- Experience with project and event management
- Familiarity with editing, social media and print production
- Excellent networking skills
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and level of educational attainment.
For consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter including qualifications for this position, salary expectations, and a current resume including at least three references with their contact information. Please send application documents via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Heidelberg University Association.” Applications will be accepted until June 21, 2019. For more information please visit our websites: www.heidelberguniversity.org, www.uni-heidelberg.de.
- Alumni (24)
- Call for Applications (12)
- Contest (6)
- Events (31)
- Webinars (12)
- General (52)
- German Culture (7)
- German Studies (4)
- Higher Education Germany (43)
- In Profile (33)
- Internship (7)
- Job Opportunities (12)
- Learn German (9)
- News from DAAD USA (50)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (19)
- Scholarships (20)
- Social Media (1)
- Study in Germany (25)
- Young Ambassadors (8)