The New York office of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is seeking a qualified, outgoing person to join its team as a full-time Program Officer.
Anticipated starting date: April 1, 2019.
- Scholarship administration of the Short-Term Research Grant and Research Stays. Tasks include answering questions regarding the scholarships, checking the applications and organizing a selection committee meeting
- Administering the DAAD Young Ambassadors outreach program including organizing a yearly 4-day workshop for the participants
- Marketing DAAD programs and Germany as a study and research destination to students in the US and Canada by giving information sessions and participating in study abroad fairs
- Other administrative and event organization tasks as needed
- English and German fluency
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of US, Canadian and German higher education systems
- Ideally experience with study abroad programs, scholarship programs and international exchange
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Database management and IT skills
- Outstanding communications capabilities, including public speaking
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed
Salary range: USD 59.000 - 66.000, plus health and retirement benefits. Paid vacation and sick leave.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or green card holders. Please indicate on your CV whether you are a US citizen or a green card holder.
Please send your CV and a cover letter via e-mail to Ms. Solveig Berkman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Program Officer DAAD”.
Application deadline: If you are interested in this position, please apply right away. We will hold interviews in March.
About us: DAAD is the German national agency for the support of international academic cooperation. We offer programs and funding for students, faculty, researchers and others in higher education, providing financial support to almost 120,000 individuals per year. We also represent the German higher education system abroad, promote Germany as an academic and research destination, and help build ties between institutions around the world.
- Alumni (22)
- Call for Applications (13)
- Contest (5)
- Events (30)
- Webinars (11)
- General (47)
- German Culture (7)
- German Studies (4)
- Higher Education Germany (44)
- In Profile (29)
- Internship (8)
- Job Opportunities (13)
- Learn German (9)
- News from DAAD USA (50)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (18)
- Scholarships (20)
- Social Media (1)
- Study in Germany (25)
- Young Ambassadors (7)