Campus OWL is a network of five higher education institutions in East Westphalia-Lippe, Germany. This joint network facilitates cooperation and provides a platform for developing ideas for collaboration. Member institutions are: Bielefeld University, Paderborn University, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, OWL University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and Detmold University of Music. For further information please visit https://www.campus-owl.eu/.
Campus OWL is going to open a Liaison Office in New York – closely linked to the German Center for Research and Innovation/DWIH and the German Academic Exchange Service/DAAD – to promote German-North American higher education cooperation.
The university network invites applications for a
of the Liaison Office in New York City (871 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY 10017).
Responsibilities include (in close cooperation with the Campus OWL institutions in Germany) but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the incorporation process of Campus OWL New York as legal non-profit entity in the US (to be finalized within one year)
- Daily management of the Campus OWL New York Office, including administration of finances, reporting, and managing the office’s website and social media accounts
- Represent the special interests of Campus OWL institutions in North America
- Development and administration of partnerships with North American higher education and research institutions
- Regular communication with the Campus OWL institutions in Germany
- Advise academics and students about study, research and collaboration possibilities
- Participation in recruitment and education fairs as well as other academic events in North America promoting Campus OWL
- Network and relationship building (expanding access to academics, scientists and decision makers in higher education as well as collaboration with other German institutions in New York, such as DAAD, DFG, GCRI)
- Develop and implementation of events in collaboration with respective academics/scientists at Campus OWL and partner institutions
This position is limited to one year. An extension is expected. Travel within North America and Germany as well as occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
- Fluency in German and English
- A graduate degree (Master or PhD) in a related field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Self-motivated, organized and a strong work ethic
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts and procedures effectively, both oral and in writing
- Ability to work systematically and independently
- Excellent knowledge of the German and American higher educational systems
- Experience in project management and financial administration
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Content Management Systems and Social Media are desired
- Excellent customer service skills and service-oriented attitude
- Personal international experiences through work or study
- US citizen or green card holder (a visa cannot be sponsored)
Salary range: USD 76K-93K, plus health and retirement benefits. Paid vacation and sick leave.
If you are interested in applying for this position, and meet the qualifications outlined above, please send your application material including cover letter, resume or CV and three references electronically to
Prof. Dr. Ingeborg Schramm-Wölk
Chair Campus OWL
(as one pdf file, max. 10 MB, with the subject line “Director Liaison Office New York”)
Please indicate your possible starting date. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until February 5, 2019.
- Alumni (30)
- Call for Applications (13)
- Contest (8)
- Events (39)
- Webinars (12)
- General (86)
- German Culture (10)
- German Studies (7)
- Higher Education Germany (47)
- In Profile (43)
- Internship (12)
- Job Opportunities (15)
- Learn German (11)
- News from DAAD IC San Francisco (1)
- News from DAAD USA (79)
- Podcast (2)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (19)
- Scholarships (25)
- Social Media (2)
- Study in Germany (27)
- Young Ambassadors (11)