Our DAAD regional office in New York is offering an internship in network administration. We are seeking Information Technology majors who are nearing the end of their studies or IT-graduate students. The internship will take place in New York City in a Windows environment of approx. 30 users.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT student to gain hands-on experience in network administration in an international setting. Working directly with our information officer, the IT intern will be involved in IT-related projects and will assist our team with IT issues. These range from infrastructure maintenance (network/server administration) to occasional troubleshooting and help desk tasks.
- Knowledge of network administration functions, including servers and mail servers
- Familiarity with various Microsoft products, including operating systems (Win XP, Win 7, Win Server)
- Good aptitude with user applications, especially internet browsers, MS Office Suite (2010, 2013), Adobe
- Experience with security products, data storage and backup, VPN
- Some background in working with hardware and peripherals is helpful
- Strong problem solving skills, good at prioritizing
- Ability to work well with others
- German language skills
- A supportive work environment in our office located in the German Consulate in New York
- An internship stipend of $750/month
Starting date: March 15th, 2018 (the starting date is slightly flexible). The internship would last for six months. We also consider applications for a one-year internship.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Solveig Berkman firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: November 30, 2017.
To read about the experience of our IT interns, check out the profile of one of our interns this year Eva Roddeck.
- Alumni (12)
- Call for Applications (9)
- Contest (4)
- Events (23)
- Webinars (8)
- General (25)
- German Culture (6)
- German Studies (3)
- Higher Education Germany (35)
- In Profile (17)
- Internship (6)
- Job Opportunities (11)
- Learn German (6)
- News from DAAD USA (36)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (2)
- Research Funding (17)
- Scholarships (15)
- Social Media (1)
- Study in Germany (18)
- Young Ambassadors (5)