In order to foster academic exchange at the graduate level, DAAD offers grants and scholarships for students with at least a Bachelor’s degree to either study or pursue research in Germany.
- Study Scholarships are offered for a full Master's degree program at a German university or for study at a German university as part of a postgraduate or Master's degree program completed in the home country.
- Research Grants are awarded to candidates who have completed a Master's degree, postdocs, individuals wishing to earn a doctoral degree in Germany, or in exceptional cases those with a Bachelor's degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
|Grant||Field of Study||Deadline||Submission/Selection|
|Study Scholarship||Architecture||Sept. 30, 2017||DAAD Bonn, Germany|
|Study Scholarship||Music & Performing Arts||Oct. 31, 2017||DAAD Bonn, Germany|
|Study Scholarship||Fine Art, Design/Visual Communication & Film||Nov. 30, 2017||DAAD Bonn, Germany|
|Study Scholarship||All other fields||Nov. 4, 2017||DAAD New York, NY|
|Research Grants||All fields||Nov. 4, 2017||DAAD New York, NY|
|Research Grants||German Studies||Nov. 1, 2017||DAAD New York|
Terms of Award & Funding Period
- Monthly stipends are approximately € 750 for graduate students/€ 1000 for doctoral students and postdocs. DAAD will cover health insurance and provide a flat rate subsidy for travel costs. In addition, limited funds are available for a rent subsidy and family allowance.
- Study Scholarship: range from 10 to 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study program
- Research Grants are awarded for periods of 7-10 months. Applicants wishing to complete a doctoral degree program in Germany can only apply for the long-term research grant. They may receive up to three one-year extensions.
- Application: submit online via the Online Portal
- Signed reference form: submit by mail. It should be sent in a sealed envelope & the referee must send a scan of the signed form (available on the DAAD portal) via email to email@example.com.
The Application is only complete when we have received the complete electronic application via the online portal and reference form by post (postmarked Nov. 4th). Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Further Information: https://www.daad.org/
- Alumni (14)
- Call for Applications (13)
- Contest (5)
- Events (27)
- Webinars (11)
- General (33)
- German Culture (8)
- German Studies (3)
- Higher Education Germany (41)
- In Profile (18)
- Internship (6)
- Job Opportunities (10)
- Learn German (7)
- News from DAAD USA (42)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (2)
- Research Funding (17)
- Scholarships (17)
- Social Media (1)
- Study in Germany (22)
- Young Ambassadors (6)