Perspectives in German Materials Science and Nanotechnology (24.09.2017 – 30.09.2017)
Application Deadline: July 17, 2017, 12:00 noon, CET.
Germany offers a broad spectrum of career options for young scientists at universities, research institutions and in industry. However, those who have never been to Germany and Germans who have been out of country for some time may not be familiar with recent developments and new opportunities.
Through its Postdoctoral Researchers’ Networking Tour, DAAD offers a new format to provide postdoctoral researchers with an insight into German science and the job market for highly qualified postdoctoral researchers.
This year’s networking tour focusses on materials science and nanotechnology and includes:
On-site visits to
- research institutes
An insight into high-level research projects in
- materials science
- and related research areas
Discussions with experts who have a profound understanding of
- the German higher education system
- funding opportunities
- the job market
- the start-up scene
- the employer perspective
- application procedures
Numerous networking opportunities with
- representatives of business and academia
- other tour participants.
The tour language is English. The detailed planning of the tour is currently in progress and regularly updated information on the time schedule and the participating institutions is available here (pdf, 0.2 MB).
What we expect:
- have obtained their PhD/doctorate no longer than 5 years ago and have not been living in Germany or affiliated to a German institution within the previous 12 months
- have been researching in a subject area corresponding to the focus of the tour
- have demonstrated high productivity and quality in their scientific work. This should be clearly documented in the list of publications, grants, patents and other achievements
- have a genuine interest in taking the next step in their career in Germany and be able to demonstrate this (e.g. former or current cooperation, favourable research or career opportunities, specific career demands)
- have exhibited drive and determination, initiative and a willingness to play a role in shaping the future.
What we offer:
- a practice orientated and diverse program to suit the requirements of the participants
- coverage of program-related costs in Germany (accommodation, domestic travel, most meals)
- a lump sum travel allowance if such costs are not borne by a third party. This will also be provided if the stay is extended by up to five working days in order to allow for additional professional networking.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please access the online application form here:
https://ssl.daad.de/limesurvey/626694/lang-en, a pdf-version of the application form will be available soon.
Please contact us at
- Alumni (30)
- Call for Applications (14)
- Contest (8)
- Events (38)
- Webinars (12)
- General (79)
- German Culture (9)
- German Studies (6)
- Higher Education Germany (47)
- In Profile (43)
- Internship (11)
- Job Opportunities (14)
- Learn German (11)
- News from DAAD IC San Francisco (1)
- News from DAAD USA (78)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (20)
- Scholarships (24)
- Social Media (2)
- Study in Germany (27)
- Young Ambassadors (11)