Together with DAAD, the German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI) New York will host the Falling Walls Lab, a global forum for innovators to pitch their research and business ideas on September 14, 2017. Entrepreneurs, innovators, and researchers will present their ground-breaking projects, business plans, and entrepreneurial and social initiatives in three-minute pitches.
The Falling Walls Conference is an annual gathering of forward-thinking individuals from over 80 countries. Each year twenty of the world’s leading scientists are invited to Berlin to present their current breakthrough research. The aim of the conference is to:
• Identify solutions to global challenges and discover international breakthrough research.
• Connect outstanding researchers from different disciplines.
• Build bridges between business, academia, politics, and the arts.
• Communicate the latest scientific findings to a broader audience.
• Inspire people to break down walls in science and society.
If you’re interested, apply in 2 easy steps:
1) Apply online here.
2) Send a 3 minute video to email@example.com
To watch the winner of the 2016 Falling Walls Lab on YouTube, click here.
The German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI) provides information and support for the realization of cooperative and collaborative projects between North America and Germany. With the goal of enhancing communication on the critical challenges of the 21st century, GCRI hosts a wide range of events from lectures and exhibitions to workshops and science dinners. Opened in February 2010, GCRI was created as a cornerstone of the German government's initiative to internationalize science and research and is one of six centers worldwide.
Co-Organizer: German Consulate General New York
- Alumni (31)
- Call for Applications (12)
- Contest (8)
- Events (38)
- Webinars (12)
- General (82)
- German Culture (10)
- German Studies (7)
- Higher Education Germany (47)
- In Profile (43)
- Internship (9)
- Job Opportunities (9)
- Learn German (11)
- News from DAAD IC San Francisco (1)
- News from DAAD USA (79)
- Podcast (2)
- Refugees (1)
- Research Ambassadors (3)
- Research Funding (19)
- Scholarships (25)
- Social Media (2)
- Study in Germany (27)
- Young Ambassadors (11)