Are you a senior bachelor‘s student or recent B.Sc. graduate in plant sciences, biology or related disciplines?
Are you curious and passionate about fundamental discoveries and challenges of modern plant sciences?
Then you may be a perfect fit for the CEPLAS Graduate School for Plant Sciences!
CEPLAS – The Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences is Germany’s prestigious research cluster on plant sciences integrating the resources of the Universities of Cologne and Düsseldorf, the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research and the Forschungszentrum Jülich. In an interdisciplinary approach CEPLAS researchers investigate the characteristics and mechanisms of complex plant traits and their impact on plant performance and adaptation. This knowledge builds a foundation for sustainable cultivation of food, feed and energy crops.
About the CEPLAS Graduate School
The CEPLAS Graduate School established a 4-5-year structured graduate programme with a default entry point at the bachelor’s level. The comprehensive two-phase training programme leads students with a bachelors’s degree through a unique qualification phase to a dissertation phase completing with a PhD degree. Obtaining a master’s degree between both phases is possible. The CEPLAS Graduate School programme starts annually in October and is fully funded.
- An international and interdisciplinary research environment with a renowned faculty, excellent training and research infrastructure
- A graduate programme comprising a 1-year qualification phase followed by a 3-4-year doctoral research period, with total funding up to five years
- Comprehensive training programme with courses in scientific and transferable skills, lectures, seminars and practical courses in state-of-the-art laboratories, conducted in English
- No tuition fees charged, extensive administrative support for international students
We are looking for
- Talented and highly motivated students holding an excellent B.Sc. degree or equivalent (atthe start of programme) in cell or molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, computational biology/bioinformatics, quantitative or synthetic biology or related disciplines, fluency in written and spoken English
- Students holding a master’s degree are not eligible to apply. Students who are now just starting a 2-year master´s study programme (< 3 months into the programme) are eligible to apply.
- About the online application and the CEPLAS Graduate School: www.ceplas.eu
- Application deadline: October 31, 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a selection workshop which takes place in January 2020
- Contact: email@example.com
© CEPLAS – Cluster of Excellence on Plant Sciences