|Re-invitation Program for Former Scholarship Holders|
Please note that DAAD has only recently moved its application process online. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this transition.
|DAAD offers grants for one to three months in all academic disciplines to scholars at US and Canadian institutions of higher education to pursue research at universities, libraries, archives, institutes or laboratories in Germany. The aim of this particular program is to enable former scholarship holder to carry out research projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network. Grants are awarded for research and work projects and cannot be used for travel only. Airfare to Germany will not be covered and lecture tours, attendance at conferences or conventions, editorial meetings or extended guest professorships are not funded.
If you are NOT an annual grant alumnus/a please view Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists.
|An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
- Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
- Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?
|The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send 1 paper copy of the "Application summary" (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by mail to the application address (see below).
Access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
A complete application is comprised of the following mandatory documents. Please upload all documents in PDF format to the application portal. The portal closes at 11:59PM Central European Time (5:59pm EST, 4:59pm CST, 3:59pm MST, 2:59pm PST) on the deadline date; as the electronic application system shuts down automatically, applicants are advised to start the online application at least one week before the closing date.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
1) Online application form "Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders, 2016” (no. 57214228) - to be downloaded from the DAAD portal after registering
2) Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages)
3) List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
4) Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
5) Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
6) Letter from host which refers to the applicant's proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided The invitation letter should be a PDF document that can be uploaded to the portal by the applicant.
To be submitted by mail
One paper copy of the "Application summary", which is generated in the portal in PDF format and can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed.
Please submit your documents in the order in which they are listed above (1-6) and do not staple any of the application materials.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
October 15, 11pm CET for research visits between March 15 and October 15 of the following year.
May 15, 11pm CET for research visits between September 15 and May 15.
Online Application Portal
Please click here to access the Application portal.
1. Register in the DAAD Portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
2. Apply online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
Submit 1 copy of the printed "Application summary" by regular mail. Please do not enclose any other documents that have not been uploaded to the portal with the printed "Application summary".
Please keep a copy of the completed application for your records.
After submitting your application
Applications may be submitted online until 11:59pm CET on the deadline date. The respective application deadline applies both to the online application and the submission of the paper copy of the “Application summary” by mail (the postmark date is valid).
Applicants will be informed about results at the end of January (for the October deadline) and the end of July (for the May deadline).
|Terms of Award|
|What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
|Tutorial: How to apply|
|If you have questions about the program, please contact Ms. Uschi Niethammer at niethammer[at]daad.org.
For technical problems with your online application, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that DAAD has only recently moved its application process online. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this transition.